Serious Depression :(

Ever since i had my twin boys about 3 weeks ago i've been seriously depressed... One of them is still in the hospital with lung failure and barely hanging on but the other one is at home... Im very very depressed, and have had some scary thought... How can i make myself feel better? Even my hubby said he doesn't know what happened to the Carmen he knew.... ????

BryannaOrtega16

Asked by BryannaOrtega16 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your Dr. and tell them whats going with you. I'll keep you in my prayers hope everything will be fine for your children. God bless you.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 12:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Baby blues are common and you need to speak to your OBGYN for a referral so you can get some help. Also who wouldn't be sad with one of their little ones in the hospital. Your body just did an amazing thing and you need to give it time for your hormones to get back to normal. Speak to your husband about this and see if he can be more understand than just to tell you have you have changed.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 12:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's normal for you to be depressed while going through this. For one, your hormones are still going crazy. You're worried and stressed. I had one twin that had to stay in the hospital for an extra week while the other one was at home. I was torn on where I needed to be all the time. Things will get better. Just hang in there. Try to think positive thoughts. Don't give up. PRAY PRAY PRAY!
    Jmcelroy

Answer by Jmcelroy at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yes talk to your Dr. I understand your worry for your lil one but you can also be suffering from postpartum depression on top of the worry. so Go Go GO to the Dr.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• the first thing you need to do is call your dr. Baby Blues are very normal, but you may have PPD, Post Partam Depression. It is very common after having children and the sooner you get help the sooner you will feel better and be able to take care of your babies. I am very sorry to hear about your sick baby and I am praying for your son. You need to get yourself better so you can help your son. Plus you have one at home to think about and when you are in a better place mentally you will be able to enjoy these most precious of times. Please call your dr and talk to someone about how you are feeling You are not alone and there are people out there who will help you.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Please call your dr. I had PPD and its very very scary, and medicine is what helped me. Talking to someone can also help. I am so sorry for your baby being sick, I hope he gets better.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 12:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Talk to your doctor right away and don't be afraid to be completely honest with how you are feeling. This isn't something you can just make better all on your own. You are not alone and you can get help to feel better, you just need to reach out so that you can start getting your old self back. Call your doctor today and tell them what you are going thru. This will get better.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Call your doc or just find someone to talk to its gotta be heard to go threw that and im so sorry for that just keep praying and hope he gets better
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thanks guys... Sorry i couldnt reply back earlier but i was so busy being at the hospital, and switching home and back and forth... Im calling today, only things is i hate taking medicine... Hopefully i can get past this stage, becasue i hate feeling this way...
    BryannaOrtega16

Comment by BryannaOrtega16 (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Feb. 17, 2011