How do you do it ALL??

Theres just not enough hours in a day for me anymore. It was simple when I had one child..a little more difficult when I had the second..but I had it under control but now that I have 3...thats 3 in different stages of life with 3 very different needs...I am losing the foothold I once had on getting everything done and still finding time to be ME..I can't even sit and read an article in a newspaper let alone read an entire book anymore.I miss reading :(
I've got the laundry and dishes piled up.I'm still in my pajamas and its almost 1 in the afternoon! This is NOT the me I used to be or the ME that I want to be.
How did you do it ALL?Cleaning the house,Cooking 3 meals a days,basketball practices and games,diaper duties,nursing, bedtimes stories and baths..and every thing else that goes along with being a mom.

Don't get me wrong..I LOVE being a mommy..I wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.I just need to get myself on a schedule or something..I just don't know how anymore?Some days I am able to have the house sparkling and be on top of everything..and then I look at myself...still in pj's...hair is a mess...circles under my eyes from lack of sleep. I suppose a sacrifice of self is the sacrifice I had to make just to make sure everything else is in order.At the end of that..I'm beyond exhaustion and I have to do it all over again.
My kids are 10yrs,2yrs and 4 months.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• There's always an adjustment period whenever you add a new family member. Some adjustments take longer than others. Sometimes you just have to pick the most important thing to get done every day and let that be enough for now. Enlist your husband for some simple chores or even just for holding down the fort while you wash yourself. I've been where you are. The baby will grow and things will get easier again.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Cereal, Eggos, peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches, soup. No need to cook three times a day. Clean one room a day. Let something go until tomorrow. Not everything HAS to be done today. And make a date with yourself for "pamper" time. Tell hubby that you need some time in the evening for yourself once in a while. A hot bath, pedicure, whatever. Ask him to put the kids to bed one evening.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 12:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• VERY simple, I don't.
    Stephanie329

Answer by Stephanie329 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Easy. I don't. You have to make choices. I choose not to worry much about the house, and my son has ONE extracurricular activity once a week. We dumped Little League because it was too much.

I have two jobs. I only worry about cleaning the kitchen daily. Everything else is on an as-needed basis.

Your ten year old can help with some of the housework; my eleven year old actually likes to dust and vaccuum.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You need to let your husband help with some of the stuff in the evenings. If that is not an option I would say sacrifice a sparkling house every once in a while for a sparkling you. I always feel better when I am clean and put together (somewhat). Staying in your PJ's all day will get you down. I was a single mom to 2 kids and worked full time an hour away from home for 6 years. Now I still work and have 2 kids and 2 step kids. You just HAVE to make time for yourself... otherwise you will go crazy.
    ConcernedMom141

Answer by ConcernedMom141 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I am with you and my kids are older, teach them why they are young to pick up after them selves, and do dishes.

I am struggling getting my kids on track but guess what, law is in order BECause i won't give up.

Everything might not get done today but there is always tomorrow.

Remember we are not robots and we do what we need to do. Don't get so down on your self, I am cleaning out everything kind of letting go, just so the chaios can go away....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• There's 5 years betwee my 1st and my 4th and quite honestly...I didn't do it all. There were days when the housework didn't get done because I did more imporatnt things. I kept the surface stuff clean but I didn't do major cleaning every day. I made waffles, pancakes and french toast in bulk and froze it so that at a later date I had breakfast that I could heat up for my sons...no cooking but they still had a homemade breakfast. Lunch was something quick and easy, nothing complex.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• first and farmost, relax.. relax relax, dont stress on getting everything done. i find the more you stress the less you get done. I have four children ages 10, 6,5,and 1 1/2. i to feel like that sometimes. I have found that at least my kids like to help. you should try to make it a game with the younger one. put on a kids song cd and have them try to pick up play area before song is over. the older on can do some light dishes. also if you have a husband/boyfriend get him involved. we are super mom not super heros!!!!! at dinner one night, we had everyone pick a dish night. believe they will help. stay on your schedule. then when i get a drink from the kitchen i try to put a load in the laundry. one thing i have found out is trying to schedule your cleaning the house chore does not work. i have more but not enough room, i hope this helps and remember we r super moms not super heros!!!!!!!!!
    mamaprincess001

Answer by mamaprincess001 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Priority. #1 take care of yourself.

Set boundaries on your kids. Routines. set a timer, for them to get to bed, and when it goes off , lights out.
    Sleep in for a couple days.

just remember, they are limiting you, .......so put limits up on them!!!
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 1:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Meaning, my kids have too much, so cutting down will help my with my problem..

They are 7/8/11/14... :) Good luck
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011