Need help potty training my PUPPY

I have learned pretty quickly that potty training a puppy is nothing like potty training a toddler lol So if anyone has any tips that would be awsome!

Womdermom911

Asked by Womdermom911 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pets

• we have a 11 month old american bull dog and she use to pee and poop in our play room sick , i know, but we started putting her in the kennell at night and getting her on a routine.. I have tryied rubbing nose in it, didnt work. i tried spanking, didnt work. we were also keeping her outside more. also after she ate we would put outside. now she scratches at the door when she has to go outside.

I hope this helps. good luck
    mamaprincess001

Answer by mamaprincess001 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You have to be very regimented. I took mine out every half hour in the beginning. It helps to socialize your puppy with a dog that's already housebroken, but if that's not an option, just be crazy vigilant about taking the puppy out and praising it when it goes.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 12:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I didn't know people still did that putting their nose in it. is that how you potty trained your baby? lol spanking is bad too. it make them scared of you and they have no idea why they got hurt. crate train. take out often, praise a lot when it does go outside to potty and give treat. little pieces of hot dog are a good treat and cheap. good luck with puppy, keep trying, that's how so many dogs go to the pound or are dumped because they didn't get housebroken. not saying you would do that.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 8:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1548&aid=157
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 12:00 AM on Feb. 17, 2011