how do i tell this mom in a nice way to grow up

i went on a trip for a family thing witch its 5 hrs there and 5 hrs back well at this family party i have meet alot of people and i don't judge, but this 20 yr girl has 5 kids she has the kid and then gets preggers again and all she did was brag about it witch i tried to get away well i have a 3 yr and her 1 yr has a lil crush on my lil man well for 3 hrs she has been trying to get me to take her lil girl home and have my lil man show her child how to talk, well she won't really learn inless her mom does things with her but she leaves her child with people all the time witch she has a 2 month old and now she is preggers again cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• She sounds like she's happy. I'm not understanding what the problem is. Utilizing resources (having others help) isn't a bad thing for moms. Some women just love having children.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Tell her you feel the mom is the best one to help a small child learn and then suggest she take some parenting classes. If that doesn't work--just tell her straight out what you think--nicely:-) The fact she wants your "little man" to teach her "little girl" tells you a lot about her mentality. She thinks "coupling" even at that age is "cute"--that is sickening and scary--but I have known women like this--and their kids grow up thinking they always have to be in a relationship to be "normal".

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I don't think you can tell her to grow up. It sounds like she has a lot of complex issues going on right now. If this were me I think I would just politely decline invitations if I didn't feel like socializing with her or having her children over. If my child liked playing with her child and it was not a problem to have her over for a playdate - then it doesn't impact me or my child in any way.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 11:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• teach her about birth control "crap" i knew a co-worker that had 6 kids and counting by the time she was i think 22-23 yrs old and they were from different fathers and she never got any child support and hardly work. heck how could she pay for day care.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• oh tell her simply you need to grow up. hit her hard with that statement. it might just set in.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If the kids are well taken care of, and happy...

you don't say anything. at all. its not your place, and really, you should get over yourself. who made you lord and empress of everything good and right in parenting styles and ages between children and when someone should have them?
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 11:30 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I agree with LizzieyTish it is not your place...if you don't like it don't associate with her. Besides if she'd read this question, she probably wouldn't ask you to teach her daughter anything. So ask yourself "Which witch is the witch here?"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I am 23 with 5 kids and me and hubby are done. I don't brag about it. I am happy and don't care if people think bad about it. All the kids are with my husband and we take care of them. I believe if you have kids take care of them and not drop them off with everyone else. I wouldn't ask someone to take my kid home so they can help them talk. You are right that she needs to do that herself but it is touchy area to say that you should step in and tell her off. I would leave that up to her family. I know it is a frusterating situation. I am young with kids but I take care of them. Some people don't and that upsets me to see the kids suffer. I go to college so I can provide for my kids when I graduate and my husband worker 50 plus hrs a week for us.
    Anonymous