To those that had luck with sex

i need to get my contractions going. so,if you had luck with sex,please let me know.
i am almost 39 weeks and 3 days ago lost my mucus plug and after that started having really bad contractions,cramps and shooting pains in my belly.
the problem is that they get stronger,but not really close to one another.
Some of them in the beginning were 2 hours apart,then 20 min apart,few of them that i had this morning were even 10 to 7 min apart,then they stopped for a few hours and came back just now. They don't really have pattern and it worries me,because i don't want to be in early labour forever,i want to get strong ones that are 7 min apart and go to the hospital.
Walking obviuosly is not helping. Red raspberry leaf tea,helped a little bit.
So what else can i do to help them going faster and getting closer to each other.

I am 2-3 cm dilated and 60% effaced. I've been this way for 4 weeks. With my first pregnancy i had to be induced,so i did not have any contractions,till i started pushing her out and 45 min later i had her.
With this one is different i guess.
SO,what was your secret to speed up your labour? SHare please. Did sex help you?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ive always been induced with mine, this one im trying not to be induced i want to go naturally! Hope you can get some good advice!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 2:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• not sure if sex will help or not but i heard that sex helps with the delivery as the sperm gives the cervix a bit more lubrication and easier to come out .. i think? lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• With DS, I lost my mucus plug on a Thursday...that Saturday I had contractions that were really far apart like you're describing. By that night, they were gone & I had nothing. On Sunday I felt fine all day & made DH have sex with me. By that evening, the contractions came back & were coming more regularly & more intense. My water broke that night at around 6pm & I had DS at 12:55am. It'll happen soon, I promise!
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Get an enema. That's what kicked start my second one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011