Preparing for labour

why the contractions getting stronger,but not closer together?
Why some of them are 20 min apart,some 15 and few of them were 7 min apart.They don't really stop,they just go away for a while and come back,becoming stronger.
It's hard to time them,because they don't have pattern. I know if i go to the hospital now,they will send me back home.
WHat should i do? I've been having them for 3 days now and lost my mucus plug 3 days ago also. But i live within an hour away from the hospital and i think if i start having them 5 min apart,i might have my little one in the car.
SO,do you know how to get them closer and to speed up the labour?
Walking does not help. Do you know anything else that will?
How much longer will i be having them before she is ready to come out?

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my conractions (from the point of some 20 mins some 15 some 7 and strong) didnt get regular to about every 5 minutes apart for a full24 hours. and then 24 hours later I finally gave birth. And honestly the best thing you can do is walk and we are talking for hours and hours on end taking 5 min breaks every hour.

Good Luck momma, she'll be here soon
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Your body sounds like it's trying to do something-- not necessarily deliver the baby but perhaps coax the baby into position or alert you to pay attention (get more rest, water, etc.).

Anything going on there with you (physically or emotionally)?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Call the hospital and ask their opinion. If it were me I'd go into Labor and Delivery and get checked. Mine were not regular either, but never went away completely. We were going to start an induction, but after getting an enema they got regular pretty fast and I delivered 10 hours later.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011