31 wks with skin problems....

I normally have a problem with dry skin in the winter anyway... well this year is worse!! I use cocoa butter RELIGOUSLY!!!! I have several patches in varies places that look like a rash... im also getting purple dots on the top of my legs?! Any suggestions?? Also my nipples are hurting so Bad that it is almost becoming unbearable!
Thanks,
Shawna

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have red bumpy rash on my legs and stomach and itches like crazy. I cannot seem to find a lotion to help. If your nipples are sore, try lanosh, a cream used when breastfeeding, it does help me with my sore and dry nipples even though I did not have this baby yet. I guess it would be worth the try. As far as the other rash, try to keep lotion on, and ask your DR to make sure normal, but it probably is.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Prurigo of pregnancy. I seen this on Deliver me the other night,!
    A rash linked to abnormal blood hormone levels, DONT worry,
    In rare cases you will get itchy itchy and you will get bumps you will get alot MORE bumps
    same goes to you MOMMYPECK, you should get checked as well, because it usually starts on your tummy,

Just go to the doctor because sometimes,i dont want to scare you ...it can mess up your liver..
    but you can get antibotics, ;o) the only thing gets rid of a servere case, is delivery,!!

Hope u both find this link helpful get well soon hugs!
    http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/skin-rash-pregnancy.html
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:12 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i am the same way. i always required a special kind of lotion during the winter because i would get sooo dry and get rough red spots that itched...well when i was pregnant it was horrible. i put lotion on like crazy...but i would itch all the time. Eucerin calming cream helped me and also the Aveeno Itch relief cream. Mine got so bad it looked like I had hives from scratching. Luckily after delivery it all stopped. I think it's just the extra hormones and the cocoa butter for stretch marks because that is supposed to tighten the skin...well when its tight and gets dry....it sucks
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:27 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I am the same way.....but i found that Gold Bond Medicated helps out a lot especially with the itch....it feels fresh when you put it on but don't freak out it really helps out and another lotion that i found helps me out a lot is Avon Moisture Therapy Olive....its not so watery and it doesn't feel so thick or oily on you its just right and it helps me out a ton!!! Hope that helped!! :)
    se_wifenmom_xy

Answer by se_wifenmom_xy at 12:23 PM on Nov. 18, 2008