How long to laptop batteries normally last?

I want to buy a laptop from my brother. The battery only last for about a hour and a half. He said that is normally for laptops. The laptop is great other then the battery issue. So that's why I am asking how long to they normally last on a full charge? It's an Acer and made in 2009 so it's fairly new.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Technology

• Acer's are an awful brand of PC! Don't waste your $$ even if it seems like a good deal. I have a 3.5 year old Mac and I get 4 hours of battery life. Newer computers you can get 4-6 hours.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• mine usually lasts 4-6hrs, but after 3-4 years, they have always failed to hold a charge, thus i am typing from a desktop & have an ipad now. ;o) imho, once the battery gets to that point, it's time for a new computer.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• There are different ones. 2-4, 4-6, 6-8. It helps to save power by dimming the light on the pc. (power saver.)
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• According to this article it just depends on the laptop make. Mine can last around 3-4 hours. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My battery last five hours
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Acer is a horrible laptop to buy. Your better off flushing your money in the toilet if you get it. Do your researcher before you buy. Imy sband buys all the electronic in our house cause he loves technology
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 5:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2011