What are some "adult" food I can feed my 10 month old?

I'm normally a pretty creative person but when it comes to this I am stumped. He HATES the "3rd jarred foods" spits out all of the chunks. He likes the graduates freeze dried fruits, crunchies, yogart melts... but I hate to see him fill up on those. Do any of you have any ideas for me? Last night I made a roast beef, it cooked for hours so it was really soft he had two small pieces of that...

MarcsMummy

Asked by MarcsMummy at 10:47 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Avocado, yams, banana, ground rice/ oatmeal, steamed chicken ground up, applesauce, some berries like blueberries, peaches, yogurt, cheese. These all depend on how long your child has been eatting solids, if they can eat solids, etc. Every child is different. Mine love all of the above, but I added one item a week.
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 10:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• My favorite resource when I started my sons on solid "adult" food was this really really great website that has ages/ stages/ food/ suggestions.
    www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    alwaysathomemom

Answer by alwaysathomemom at 10:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• my daughter loves vienna sauages, she likes lunch meat like chipped and or turkey, she is the same if i give her something and there are chunks in it she spits it out. chicken noodle soupshe likes that. she also loves bread get some of the potted meat that is a spread and make a sandwich and give him little pieced of that
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I fed my kids anything if I thought it was too hard I out it in the blender. Just feed him what your eating and see if he likes it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• You can also try chicken nuggets, and small pieces of hamburger. I'll just make you a little list of the foods we've been feeding my son for the last couple months. (He's one)

Eggs, pancakes, french toast, bananas, english muffins, toast, sausage, hashbrowns, banana, peaches, pears,canned mandarin slices, Hamburger, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, cheese enchiladas, cheese quesadillas, rice, shredded/ chunks of cheese, noodle roni, broccoli, green beans, any kind of potato.any kind of noodle, peas. Gerber makes these great little pasta pickups that are only about $1. My son loves them!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• At ten months, my son was eating off of my plate just about everything I eat. Just watch for chocking and allergies
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 11:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• our lil one eats,mash potateos,gravy,bar-b-q sauce(just a lil bit)lil pieces of spigetti(spelling)<--this is educational for his grasping,nothing with tomatoes in it yet,
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:17 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• At 10 months old my son what eating everything I ate. Yogurt is something he loved and still does. Pea and cooked carrots, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a little cool milk. You might also try a little oatmeal just add plenty of milk to it so that its a little like soup.
    joni574

Answer by joni574 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Thanks for all the answers ladies! I'm going to try a little turkey for lunch and maybe some of the veggies left over from the roast last night. He's at such a funny stage. Also I think he's had a good meal then I pick him up out of the highchair and half of it is in the chair LOL!
    MarcsMummy

Answer by MarcsMummy at 11:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i fed my kids anything i made i just put aside thier portion that way it didnt get seasoned like the adult food just watch choking hazzards when feeding him
    puppet24

Answer by puppet24 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 18, 2008