Isnt yelling and screaming at children at daycare, is Abuse?!

I work for a witch. All she does is scream, yell,and sometimes puts hands on kids. I'm put in hard spot,I need to birch slap her. What should I do? In my state you can't report anyomously. I will be fired.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• You see her put her hands on children, and do nothing? You do the right thing and report her.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would do something, she shouldn't do that!
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I don't understand why you can't report anonymously.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If she lays her hands on children you need to report her! They can't fire you for reporting physical abuse or you can sue for wrongful termination. If this was me I wouldn't care if I got fired. I don't want to work for a place that abuses children. As for the yelling and screaming, it depends on what she is saying but other then that it isn't abuse if she just yells at them to pick things up or something like that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• HELLO! Report her, why the hell would you want to work for someone like that?!

Maybe offer to watch the children who she currently watches - on your own. You'll get all of the income that way, AND you're doing the right thing!
    Anonymous

• honestly if you don't report the physical abuse you are just as bad as she is for not doing anything about it
    mommy_of_two388

• If you don't report her and someone else does and its ends up being an issue..you could get in trouble too for not reporting her.I'd be more worried about that than being fired.Report her and look for another daycare job...or just stick it out there.Chances are she'll be fired and you won't have to worry about her anyway.
    Good Luck with whatever you decide to do.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• There are laws to protect "whistle blowers". This lady needs to be reported. Even if you lose your job, there are plenty of other day cares out there to find a new one. Just imagine if your child was under her care. Wouldnt you want to know that everything was done to protect them from the emotional abuse. This woman needs to find a new line of work. Please follow your conscious. (But dont hit her-lol) GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• She needs to be stopped. Yes, it's abuse. If you can't report it, have someone else do it or you could go down in flames with her. You are accessory to the fact. Has anyone else heard her yelling? Are the kids old enough to tell their parents? Any bruises? Is there another daycare that you could put in an application? Get another job and THEN report her?
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I can't believe that you are more worried about being fired over the safety and well being of these children! You are no better than her if you dont report her!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 2:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011