Weight Loss during pregnancy.

Ok I know some of you may hate this, and I am sorry. But my weight has been on the down spin for most part of pregnancy. I would lose a pound here and there, and I did in one spell gain almost 5pounds. I do have gestational diabetes with this pregnancy, and I am slightly over weight. Though in the last 2 weeks I went from 241 to 234, is this an ok thing. I have shown signs of preterm labor or I guess I have, they gave me celestron (steroid to help baby lungs develop) last week, and had me on bed rest this was weekend, returning to work tomorrow. I just know weight loss it sign of labor, or at least I heard, and I am really scared of going preterm. I am 29wks 5days.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• id say if your doctor knows about it then your probably ok however i would call your doctor. maybe you shouldnt be returnng to work if you have a chance of delivering early. I would talk with your dr further.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Overweight women sometimes do lose weight while pregnant. My doc said this might happen to me but I didn't get so lucky. lol. I've gained 10 solid pounds, I'm 21 weeks, and I'm only trying to gain 15. So, we'll see. I don't know if I would go back to work if I were you.... I'd probably stay on medium bed-rest just to make sure baby has as many weeks as possible. I don't think it's always a sign of labor but it could be for you since they gave you those steriods. Good luck and take things easy.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If you go into preterm labor they will try to stop it with magnesium sulfate. I was on it for three days at 32 weeks when I had gone into preterm labor. I am not saying not to worry but it will help to know that there are back ups just in case
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:54 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• i lost like 30 lbs at the beginning of my pregnancy.. i went from 210 to180.. soo i guess it depends on how you're taking care of yourself
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008