Why am I having a hard time making gfs?

I am almost 45. I have had my fair share of playdates and candle , jewlery , dip parties to last me a lifetime. I meet up with my hubby's friends for superbowl and casual getogethers. But I always feel like a letdown with the other mothers my age. They are so busy showing off either wealth and bossiness with their husbands. It is very shallow but it does not bother me anymore. I am very passive but I am very outgoing when I am around women I like. I have worked in Manhattan and have been in the corporate world for years. I thought things owuld change being that my child got older being around more mature couples or friends. But it is always the feeling that I see through the bs and how becaise I am not fat and not ugly people get intimidated. When I was heavy and very plain Jane everyone loved me. But I was so miserable. I have been thin for 22 years now and I still feel so alone. I was once told that I am very sophisticated and seem and act very rich like a Trumpp type even though I am middle class and that is why other women get intimidated. But I am very down to earth and very tomboyish at times and love sports. I just do not understand why I can not get a girl friend to totalk to without it being a competiton or using me for money or summer houses. ANyone go through tthis?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• i am the same way.. i dont really have any gfs that i can talk to as a best friend to close friend. but i also dont have MANY things that i do not say regardless. my thing is that those few things i can not share with anyone and tho my husband is my best friend i need someone else to talk to other than him. this is what i do.. i am myself. and i am down to earth.. AND i let others know that i am not trying to be better than them. i listen to them even tho i sometimes dont get the chance to share my secrets.. i still listen and then they gain a respect toward me and they seem more drawn to talk to me because i do not tell their secrets or spend the whole time talking about myself... and my stuff is their stuff. as long as they dont try to walk all over me
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011