Are you going to buy toys made in China this Christmas?

I personally will not be buying toys made in China. I have been trying not to buy anything made in China. I know this will have a negative effect upon people in China, but I feel that they don't take proper precautions with their products to ensure safety.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• Probably............I am not going to turn over every toy just to see where it was made, if its recalled then I will worry about that when it happens
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• We try not to for just the same reason as listed by the asker. It's one thing to try to make things as inexpensively as possible, it's another to be "cheap" & irresponsible when it comes to their manufacturing. Maybe boycotting their products will force them to be more cautious... and then again, maybe not!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• good luck buying toys not made in china. all toys are made in China.
    savannahnhi

Answer by savannahnhi at 11:38 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• personally i dont care ... and good luck at walmart or anywhere else for that matter my grandmother called me bitching b/c she couldnt find one damn toy on the shelf that wasnt made in china
    puppet24

Answer by puppet24 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Heck no! I read the back of everything now.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Not ALL toys are made in China. There's a tons of websites that carry toys made only in the USA. Google it!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• NO!! China has poisoned our pet foods, toothpaste, meds, and toys! I boycott CHINESE made products! They are some of the cruelest and most inhumane people in the world (not asking to be bashed, and I don't mean American Chinese). I don't buy toys anymore, anyway. I get other things for my kids that they can actually use and enjoy. My DH is a fanatic about this and doesn't care if he has to pay DOUBLE the price to get things that are made here in the United States. I have returned horse halters after having them shipped and reading on the labels that they were made in China(called the co. and told them why, too)If my horses are too good to wear Chinese products, my kids DEFINITELY won't be playing with anyhting made there!!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 2:59 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• There are alot not made in china. Last year we went old school and got tinker toy, blocks, etc. Back to the basics, the boys live to build and they are made in usa
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 3:02 PM on Nov. 18, 2008