Do you agree with this statement?

I have the right in my marriage to expect issues to be addressed and resolved and expect that how I feel will be valid no matter if you agree with it or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree! How you feel is valid as well as how he feels. Mutual understanding.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It does not matter if I agree. But it might matter if he agrees. They need to be resolved. But it might not be to your satisfaction.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Idealistically, yes. Reality-based: sometimes. Some people have tendencies to make small things into "issues". So, there will be issues everyday to address. First, we need to do our own work, so we can figure out what is a relational issue and what is a personal issue. Personal issues are not the responsibility or our partners to address. They can only support us in our attempt to work through them.
    Also, we need to keep in mind that men are sometimes different than women when it comes to needs and issues. As a general trend, they like to eitrher find a solution or focus on something else. Women, generally, need to talk about the problem a bit before getting to solutions in order to feel validated. In relationships, we need to meet somewhere in the middle . . . I always say that there is a reason we have girlfriends . . . sometimes, it is to strengthen ouur marriages.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think it depends on what you are talking about and to what degree you go to with it. This seems like it could be a statement open to interpretation or used out of context by some people.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yes
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011