Do you or anyone you know keep the curtains or shades closed 24/7

my sister in law complains that her grand daughter is being raised in the dark..
the girl is 8 yrs old and the trailer she lives in has heavy blankets on the windows so it is dark all the time...I can't help but to think how miserable it would be to live in a dark trailer when it is nice and sunny outside

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 2:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That is so weird your saying this, my neice does the same thing and it drives me crazy! She has a 1 yr. old and I feel so sorry for her cause she never sees daylight till they go outside. I've told her several times about it but she still wont change,I cant figure it out?
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I keep mine shut bc, it does keep the cold out and the heat out in summer and my MIL hates it when she comes over. But, just, trying to keep bills down bc, electric bill is never under $200.00 a month.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 2:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have the insulated curtains on my living room windows.  It doesn't let in any light.  Here, it's cold so not really worried about sunshine just yet.  In the spring, we open up the door.  I don't see anything wrong with it. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I also leave everything closed up in the winter, I have a wall of windows and a sliding glass door in my living room, if i open the curtains it automatically gets freezing in here.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my cousin has her kids rooms dark to help when it is cold , plus the neighbor is constantly looking into the girls room which scares them. i was raised that way and i had mini blinds up but always kept them closed because of nosey neighbors and my sensitivity to light. i do allow my girls to open their blind to allow light in since they are privacy blinds.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• 9 out of 10 times it is dark in our house also. In the winter it keeps it warm, in the heat of the summer it keeps it much cooler. I will on days where it is nice open all the curtains and the windows, that's mostly in the spring and fall though.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Of course it is miserable!! Trailers r like tin cans!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i keep my windows and curtains closed all day but the curtains are white or cream color and see through but i open the door when it's nice outside..
    amy.ochoa22

Answer by amy.ochoa22 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My grandma wont come over to my house because I dont open my curtain! lol..mind you. The window is a floor to cieling window...like an 84x84 size window and we couldnt get blinds...I hate the idea that somone could drive by and look all into my house when Im home alone or something!!! But they freak out like were psycho or something and it pisses me off to no end!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011