SARB report

Im in california, and my kindergartener has missed a total of 18 days this school year.. They havent started a report, but im curious as to what happens when they do file a report. I really don't want anything bad to happen to her and i hate that she has missed that much school but theres nothing i can do about it now! She's been sick alot and my starter in my car has gone out and i wont let her take the bus becuase her particular bus has alot of bullies...i know this from other neighbors complaining that their kids are being picked on. Thanks in advace.

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 2:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• here where i am if you miss sooo many they will make you repeat the grade. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Last year when I had my baby my son in 1st grade missed around 7 days and I was scared because I heard they can call the children and family department so I checked online and here in Florida you can have up to 9 excusable absents per semester i.e when you call to notify that she is going to be absent if the director excuse her then you are ok if not I don't know what happen but I would check online and also call the school and ask them and tell them your situation..... Good luck!!
    JPAJsmom

Answer by JPAJsmom at 8:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• In our district you get a threshold of 20 days out of school. Any more than that and you automatically repeat the grade irregardless of why. (Exceptions are made for circumstances that involved in-home tutoring provided by the school.)

I'm sorry, I get your concern about the bus, but your job is to get your child to school. If you can't start the car, you find another way. If she's sick. That's one thing. If your car isn't working and she is eligible for a bus - well you do what you have to do. It's one thing if you've got the days to spare. It's another if you're putting your daughter in danger of not passing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 17, 2011