Do you think it's harder having more than 1 young child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• at times it is but its fun also
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's hard when one of them is a baby, but once they are both toddlers, they entertain each other and it makes it easier!

Answer by missanc at 2:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It can be. Just takes time to develop a system that works for you on how to handle both at once.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• y? But the answer is yes!!! Of course it is!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Nope, my first set of children are 18 months apart, the second set are 12 months 20 days..... It's not easy, but as long as you are a dedicated mommy it's not hard either.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• YES! My sons are less than 2 years apart. now 2 1/2yo and 7mo. It's tougher because (at least with me) I feel like I'm spending all my time with one and not the other, try to fix that and then the other one feels left out.. I guess I haven't learned the fine art of juggling my attention equally yet :(
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 3:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No.  I have a 5 year old, 3 year old, 1 year old, and another almost here.  I think that EVERYTHING is mental.  Everything is only as hard as you make it.  If your already fixing one plate of food, how easy is it to fix two.  Giving one a bath, how easy is it to put two in there.  Look at it in positives and it will be positive. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Under 1 it would be harder. But over 1 year they play together and it's easier.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think it would be.. I have 1 son and couldn't imagine adding another in to our family mix..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• At times it can be. I had 3 children under the age of 5 and I am a SAHM. I think the hardest part was when the 4 year old wanted to play a game and the 2 year old didn't understand what was going on and the baby needed to be fed. For me it was all about balance and I would not have done it any other way. Now my children are 13, 11 and 9 and they are very close and have lots of fun together.

I also think it depends on what kind of parent you are. Having kids this close you have to understand that the house isn't always going to spotless, there are going to be tireless nights and there is going to be fighting.

For me it worked..Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011