Should i be this nervous

this isnt my first time in this ball park. should i be as nervous as i am to have this little girl i have growing inside me? she will be here in 6 weeks and i have heard so many horrow stories about the hospital i am going to deliver at. is it to later to try and find another hospital?

my2boysaremyall

Asked by my2boysaremyall at 2:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• nope! i switched doc at 36weeks lol! u need to b comfortable so do whatever u need to do!!! good luck!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No, I wouldn't say it's too late... you may have to deal with a doctor you don't know delivering your baby but if that doesn't bother you, you can go to any hospital you want. And you still have 6 weeks! I'd make the decision quick. And it's ok you're nervous! Just remember...women have been giving birth for YEARS and YEARS. If all your other deliveries went fine, then this one should be no different! Good luck momma!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• see thats just it with my 1st one he took 3 days they said he was fine come to find out he wasnt and they kept him in icu for three days. my 2nd one was pretty quick once they let me have him he was great. they were both born in va. this one will be born in maryland at union hospital. i want to keep my dr i am just so worried of what may happen. this will be my 1st girl as well so i am wondering if that has anything to do with how i am feeling right now.
    my2boysaremyall

Comment by my2boysaremyall (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If you arent comfortable you should talk with your doctor. I know that hormones are horrible so you might be having anxiety issues. Are you having a Csection or naturally?
    Sexyfox09

Answer by Sexyfox09 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It's not too late to change till the baby is coming. I'd go with your gut. If you're not hearing good things, then avoid the hospital.

I see the Healthgrades website gives this particular hospital the lowest possible rating.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The amount of time your doctor will spend with you vs the nurses and other staff during the actual delivery is very minimal. If you are that worried and the hospital has a bad rap you might want to talk to your doctor and see if he/she has priviliges at more than one hospital or has someone in the office who does.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2011