My 18month old is crawling out of his round crib.

Im wondering if there are cribs with tall sides. Not sure if my crib is shorter. Would love any advice on this matter.

Betzieb1

Asked by Betzieb1 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know they make crib tents that keep kids in there. I don't know how they work, but I know you put it on top of your crib and they really work. It looks like mosquito netting.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm not sure about a taller crib although when my son started doing this at 18 months we moved him into a big boy bed. It actually worked well for us and he stayed in his bed instead of always trying to get out.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• have you considered transitioning to a toddler bed?
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If your almost 2 y/o is getting out of his crib,it is time for a big boy bed.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my ds was climbing out of his too, i took the crib out and put the mattress on the floor and a baby gate up, he jumps on his toddler bed and dives off it into the floor so i took it out too lol just left the mattress in there
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• When my kids started crawling out of their cribs I moved them to a twin/full size bed.

Answer by missanc at 3:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My son started coming out of his around 14 -15 months old....he was a gymnast. Still is...lol

I just started putting the side down so he could climb out safer and easier...
    Anonymous

• Climbing out is time for a bed. If you don't want to put him in a bed, a crib tent is a good idea. FYI, not all crib tents are compatible.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• That is a sign that they are ready for a big boy bed. I would get a toddler bed for him now. I changed my son to a toddler bed when he was 15 months because I didnt want him to learn how to climb over the crib because it would then make the baby gate pointless because he would know how to climb over that also. Good luck.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Big kid bed :) My DD started to do that.. and well we had a redneck crib haha..
    end of story.. she got her big girl bed :) has done great with it..
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011