I went to the ER yesterday b/c...

I didn't feel movement for at least 12 hours. They checked the heartbeat, it was good. 144. I'm 21 weeks, is it normal to not feel her everyday?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• at 21 weeks yes shes not quite big enough for you to feel her every move. and sometimes depending on how they are laying you wont feel them this early. if your busy moving around and working you wont feel her. dont worry soon she will be big enough that even while your moving around you will feel her kick you in your ribs lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Sometimes they can go into a dormant stage ..if everything was okay at the ER, i would relax and drink some soda little bits ...eat something light,....and lay on your left side they will move soon, if not...contact your doc within 4 hours, of feeling no movement hon... good luck and god bless,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:21 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• WHen I was pregnant with my son at one point I didn't feel him move for almost 48 hours. I was told if he didnt move drink some cold water and lay down. But you can always do what I did when my son wouldn't move. I would find his butt and press on my belly and move him. That would usually wake him up and get him moving.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 11:24 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I'm 19 weeks and I RARELY feel my baby move. Just some TINY flutters here and there. It makes me nervous too! I have a sono tomorrow. That will give me some proof that there is indeed a baby in there! And hopefully I find out what I'm having!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• And in regards to Bubbles answer, I don't think that at 21 weeks the baby is quite big enough to push on in hopes to get him moving. I always could do that with my first too but it was later in the pregnancy. This is the in between stage where sometimes you feel flutters and sometimes you don't. I can't stand it! LOL
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• It is not abnormal at all. She is still tiny and hard to feel. i must feel baby more cuz I can't give up caffeine! :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:57 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I can understand your worries but think back and remember what I told you before just wait till you are about 24 -25 weeks along you will notice a big difference in movement.....and you will be wishing she would lay off the jumping jacks so you can get some sleep at night....well that is how I have been feeling with this little guy at least for the last 3 weeks or so and I am at 28 weeks now.....God bless....and remember just relax have a bit of cold apple juice and lay on your left side and she should get started for you....just because you can't feel her doesn't mean she isn't moving
    a_ramli05

Answer by a_ramli05 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 18, 2008