Do you think "all" married couples should have a joint bank account??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Sure, but I also think all people should have an individual bank account also.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• As long as they don't hide money from one another or keep money from each other in single accounts no.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think it depends on the people. I dont understand why all money would be joint though.

Answer by gemgem at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think they should do what works for them, but I don't think it's fair when only one person has control of all the money. My husband and I have a joint and then I have a separate account where my child support is direct deposited.

Answer by missanc at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• not all married couples have to have a joint account. honestly, some people need some kind of allowance or something lol
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We don't but, I sign all the checks for the bills. The last 2 DH's I've separate accounts and I like it that way.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 3:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Not necessarily
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Not necessarily. I know some that it's worked very well for --- BUT at the same time ALL the couples I know with individual accounts ALSO have a joint account that each of them deposit into for house/home expenses. I do think that if you completely base your family's financial status based on 'my money / his money' -- you're already interjecting a sense of separation where there should be none. BUT even that thought as it's exceptions as well. It's really all in how it works "for you".
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No. Its best to keep ones finances individual.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No. Some people it doesn't work for. My husband and I do not have a joint bank account. He doesn't have a bank account at all. I do,and I pay all the bills and control all the money. It works for us.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011