Camping

Do ya's go? do you rough it or have a trailer etc.? Do the kids like it at night time or scared?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We camp every year. When hubby takes his vacation, and sometimes on weekends he doesn't have to work. We use an eight man tent, and our kids LOVE it. I'll LOVE it when they are all old enough to share their own tent and I don't wake up with hands, feet, and knees in my back and face lol.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have been camping all my life and DH and I used to rough it by just squatting in the national forest with a tent. Our kids were both camping at about 6 weeks old and we now have a pop up camper, but most the time just squat in the national forest still (that means no toilets or running water, not an actual campground). Our kids love the outdoors like their parents and LOVE camping. It is often hard to get them to go to sleep because they are so excited about catching lightning bugs and watching the fire etc.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I love camping in tents. I dont think sleeping in trailers/cabins is considered real camping. My husband refuses to sleep in tents so I have been since I got out of high school.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I love camping, but I haven't been in forever.. Used to camp in a trailer, and then there would be tents all around it.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We do a family camping trip every summer and have since my first was a year old. The boys love it. We usually tent, but for the last two years, we've stayed in a cabin. We do a handful of weekend and over-night trips through the warm weather and those are all in tents. The kids have never been scared to stay in the tent and started to sleep in their own tent last summer (they are 10 and 6).
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We tent camped for 30 yrs. 9 of those were backpacking/ & primitive camping. Artritis caught up. We bought a trailer 6 yrs ago and love it. We have stayed at campgrounds for years that have showers..some are included..some coin operated. But if no shower we always find a stream or a lake.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• LOOOOOOVE to camp! Usually in a tent but now that I've got the kiddos and I'm no spring chicken, thinking about buying a tent trailer for this season.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 3:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm a bit of a wimp I need my showers and tenting days are over I think haha....
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011