Shortness of breath early on??

Mommakat425

Asked by Mommakat425 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it can happen. everyone experiences pregnancy differently.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes. Your preganacy hormones can sometimes start that up in the first trimester. Hang in there . . . it sometimes gets a little better during trimester 2.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• thank you :)
    Mommakat425

Comment by Mommakat425 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes, I remember very early on at about 5-6 weeks going to the gym and riding the eliptical and feeling like I couldn't breathe. I was not like that prior to pregnancy and there have been times that just walking around the house I feel like I have a shortness of breath. Everything that I have read, said it is normal!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 5:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You are increasing your blood volume and taking in enough oxygen for two. Add to that the hormones and you can easily feel out of breath early on. I've noticed a lot of women that sing find singing difficult very early in pregnancy because of the shortness of breath issue. It is normal. Annoying, but normal.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2011