Anyone have a Siberian/American Eskimo mix????? if so i have a question

littlewonder86

Asked by littlewonder86 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pets

• Did you mean Siberian mix?
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:40 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• She is a 9 month old Siberian mix9 she is mixed with American Eskimo) we have had her since she was 6 weeks old and now she is in the habit of trying to nip. I guess I am asking if anyone has experience with this type of breed?
    littlewonder86

Comment by littlewonder86 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Nipping is a puppy thing. She was too young to be separated from her mom when you got her, so she wasn't taught properly by her mom before she was taken.

At 9 months nipping is either a cause of boredom or perhaps little training in that area. When she bites/nips, yelp at her. That is what her siblings would have done if she started playing too rough with them. Her mom would have growled as well. When she stops, give her a toy and then praise her.

Do NOT hit her, yell at her, throw things at her or whatever (I'm not saying you do, but lots of people think that hitting a dog is proper training).

In the future, remember that puppies should not be taken away from their moms before 8 weeks of age. Any younger than that and they are missing out on valuable training and socialization that their moms are providing them.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 4:22 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I know she was too young now at the time they told us she was 8 -9 wks old then i took her to the vet and that is how I found out that she was way younger then they said, SO I do undertstand where you are coming from, As for the nipping she just started it up, we take her for walks and and to the dog park everyday even in the snow. I guess i just need to work wth her more

P.S
    In my books if you hit any animal you deserve to be locked up ! ! ! ! ! ! it breaks my heart to see that or hear of that kind of abuse, and my puppy has quite a bit of wolf in her so hitting is definately a no no i would like to keep my hand lol.

But thanks for getting back to me
    littlewonder86

Comment by littlewonder86 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011