• In the Spotlight:

What is wrong with me?

I gave birth to my second child in December 2010 and sice then I do not feel attarcted to my husband and do not have or feel the desire to be intimate or even snuggle with him. I used to be very attracted to him all the time but now I almost feel turned off by the sight of him. This is causing me to be very unhappy and cause tension in our household. I don't want to feel like this. I feel like my marriage is crumbling and I know inside that I don't want it to end. Will I ever feel the way I used to feel? Is there something wrong with me?

I also get very angry with him for anything I can. I find any reason to nag him. I have this anger towards him even when he does not do anything wrong. I just feel frustrated.

justice316

Asked by justice316 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• New babies are quite possibly the most effective birth control on the planet, since they are exhausting! You're quite normal in my book and will indeed feel the way you used to feel.. But don't be afraid to talk to your doc about it if you don't want to wait for nature to finish running its course.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• So many of us go through that. There are so many demands for your attention right now, it is hard to have anything left over. Talk to your husband about it . . . many times they understand. You should also mention it to your doctor, so they can assess your for post-partum issues.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Go talk to your doc, sounds like you might have some post partum going on..... I lost attraction for my hubby for almost a year after our youngest was born...I had three more children to worry about, a family (in laws) that drove me batty, a house to take care of, bills to pay.....see the point I'm trying to make??? Sometimes our everyday life gets in the way of our sexuality... but please go talk to your doc so you can be sure, and if it's something that can be taken care of medically you don't wait until it's to late.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• First are you nursing? The hormones released while nursing work as wonderful birth control for women. You are also likely very exhausted and that makes a big difference too. You should talk to the doc though as it could be PPD or a myriad of other medical issues.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I am nursing.
    justice316

Comment by justice316 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• are you taking birthcontrol? Cause when I was on birth control my sex drive went way down. Some have that effect on people. Goodluck.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011