How can I over come the battle with my baby, and baby food?

My princess is 9 mos old and i have been giving her very small samples of foods I eat. Well turns out I dont think this was a very good idea. She used to eat her baby food just fine, but not that she has tasted other foods she no longer likes the baby food. (too bland,i'm thinking). She still needs the nutrients that the baby food offers, I am still breast feeding as well. What can I do for this dilema?

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 3:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Would you eat babyfood, now that you know what real food tastes like? I don't think so. My kids ate very little babyfood. By the time my dd was 9 mos. old, she was eating things like toast with peanut butter, scrambled eggs, busketti, mashed taters, there was always something that we could feed her from the table. She grew up healthy, and never had any problems from it.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• She doesn't NEED anything other then your breastmilk at 9 months old. Food at this point is simply for practice. That being said my kids never got pureed food and we followed baby led weaning (a mostly European thing) and they got their first "food" around 9 months old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would just feed her what she will eat, and just stay away from the sugar and white flour products. The worst thing you could do is withhold food . . some kids at 9 months are eating alot of table food.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Baby food actually does NOT offer better nutrients. She doesn't need the jarred stuff. It's mostly water. Table foods are FINE!

Overcome the battle by getting rid of the jars and the cereal.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My daughter wouldnt eat baby food..at all. I gave her regular food...just cut up really small.As long as shes still eating formula/breastmilk then that is all the nutrients she needs before the age of one.Eating the solids is for practice...of course it gives extra calories and nutrients as well..but it isnt absolutley necessary as long as the baby is still getting the proper amount of formula/breastmilk. Eating should be fun..not stressfull...try not to stress out about it, mama...I know its easier said than done! I stressed out with my daughter about it too! LOL but really...its fine.
    Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• First, don't stress. Breastmilk provides all the nutrition babies need up until age 1. Other foods are just for practice.

None of my kids ever liked jarred foods. I can see why. They are nasty. I made my own homemade baby food. It is fresher, tastier and more nutritious. Just cook it soft enough and puree with a little of the cook water.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Table food is fine. At 9 months, our pediatrician said, less baby food, more table food.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My son, who is almost 10months old NEVER liked baby food. He refused to eat it so i had no choice but to give him table food. As soon as he saw the jar of baby food he would start to cry. I didnt want to make meal time stressful so i just decided it was best to give him what he would eat...little bits of fruit, veggies, bread, cherios, ect. Good Luck
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yeah, forget the baby food - just keep with the bits of table food.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my dd started with home made baby food at 7 months and was on all table food by 8 months! table food is fine and prolly better for them than that jarred stuff!! so feed her the table food she gets everything she needs from the breast milk, baby food is just for practice!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011