How much stuff do you buy that is made in the USA?

I have started a new thing that actually is now saving me money... I am only buying MADE IN THE USA items. I am actually receiving better quality items and feeling that I am actually feeling better about supporting my country.

kalynskorner

Asked by kalynskorner at 3:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I buy made in USA or used

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Other than cars, I never look for anything particularly made anywhere, I buy good quality stuff and don't care where it comes from. But kudos to you for doing so.

Answer by older at 3:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Not much since it's hard to find them in stores. It's easy online but it's a rare sight to see them in stores around here. I try my best not to buy anything from China.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I wear New Balance shoes because they are made in the USA. Granted the parts are imported, but I've been wearing them since my navy days so why change?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Made in the USA- doesn't necessarily mean it's entirely made in the USA.

In my economics class we were learning how the various parts to make a barbi doll (could have been something else) came from all over the World- but since it was assembleld in the US, it got the made in the USA stamp.

Hate to be a downer, but I don't really worry about where the box says stuff is made as long as it's good quality and safe.

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If I have the choice, I choose USA over other countries, but I'm not going to not buy something simply because the USA option isn't there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i really don't look at those things only for the fact that it doesn't matter really... so i don't know i would say not much though.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 7:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I did not know that about NB shoes, but you are right izsarejman. I have a pair and they are made in the USA. I learn something every day!
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 8:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011