OK. Alright then. Can we live on just basics.?

What would yours reveal about you?

What would your basic be lacking in modern options?

What can you do with "basic", that you cannot do present day techy?

:Would you be ultimately happier knowing you aren't bothered by .... ''techy''?

I can do without any of this, d/h can't.

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 3:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in

• I probably could, I just wouldn't want to.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I would love to get rid of our cell phones, computer, tv, video games, and anything else along those lines.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 3:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• How basic?

I work in Radio/TV, so I'm not likely to do without either. I can do without the computer at home for the most part, and usually do. My son needs it for Word more than I do for anything else. I wouldn't mind dumping the phones and usually do at home. No one in my family texts so we'd be quite happy without that. My husband does need his phone and computer with internet access for work... he's in IT and on 7/24/365 call.

We have done without the microwave so can if we HAD to. I wouldn't want to do without the alarm system or the automatic sprinkler system. I could do without video games.

I wouldn't do without gas or electric, and we can't do without our vehicles much as we'd prefer to.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• lol tiddliwinks, you are on a computer, why dont you get rid of it? lol just kidding. I heat with a wood burner, sometimes cook on it. i dont get tv, my radio is in my dog kennel building for the dogs. i use the phone approx 3-4 times a day. tht i would miss cuz i talk to my out of state kids and fiance. i love having my computer and internet but have done without it more than with it and then i got more done. dont have a cell phone. i think i could be ok without
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 7:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• lol Dianna I would love to be rid of it. I jump between this site and another site for hub's boss. Kind of work related or I would get rid of it. Both hubs and I take courses online as well. Oh how I would love to be rid of it. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:21 AM on Feb. 17, 2011