Travel

Where are some places (in the US) that you have visited that you really enjoyed? What made is so memorable and enjoyable?

cheekycherub

Asked by cheekycherub at 3:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Travel

• Alaska was the most amazing trip I've ever taken anywhere EVER! I think everyone should get to go at least once! It's gorgeous, every inch of it. Because there aren't a ton of inhabitants things aren't ever crowded - even if you take a cruise and there are several ships in port it still doesn't feel crowded. There was such a variety of activity, of history, of scenery. We saw everything from rainforest to glaciers. We explored Native American things and also Russian stuff. We learned about different animals and saw SO MANY amazing sights - 12 bald eagles fishing and swooping around one another, a pod of orca, bear, sheep, it was amazing!

Also, I didn't go there buy my parents had similar reactions to Yellowstone/Glacier. Apparently it is an amazing place too!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Well the Grand Canyon is beautiful. Chicago is an interesting city to visit - but I have family there so a bit biased. I live in New England and think i would be a great place for people to come visit if they love nature and/or history. I very much remember our trip to Williamsburg as a child. Washington DC monuments are amazing as well.
    Hawaii is amazing, but expensive. I have family there so I can stay for free and still haven't been able to afford to go since DD was born. But I highly recommend the island of Oahu if you can afford it, and a visit to Hanauma bay is a must :)
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We love camping in ME every summer. We do the beaches in OBX every year too. Skiing in VT is awesome. We're off to Niagara falls next month.. can't wait, haven't been since I was a kid.. this time get to do it with hubby and the gremlins....
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Puerto Rico is an amazing place to visit!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011