Got any ideas why this hurts so bad?

1st... I'm going to the doctor, but they can't get me in until late March.

In the meantime, I'm just near tears at times with the pain across my shoulders and neck!

I've always had somewhat of a bad neck (prone to hurting and tightening up etc).... and for years I've had this 'dead spot' right at the top of my spine (where you back stops and your neck begins)... it don't tingle or anything, if you scratch me there I can feel it --- but if you try to massage that area, (like get down in the muscle massage) I can't feel it.

Lately, if I rotate my left shoulder I can feel and hear a clicking in the clavicle area (again high up where my clavicle and neck meet) --- and BOTH of my shoulders absolutely hurt all the time now. Just sitting with my arm propped up on the arm of the couch causes it to hurt (I don't even have to be leaning on it.... just having it up there makes it start hurting) The pain in my shoulders goes all the way down to where your sleeve would stop (if wearing a short sleeve shirt).... so it hurts all the way across and down.

My neck hurts just as much. If I try to twist to either side I can feel pain all the way down to the center of my back.

Even sleeping, I've started to have to intentionally draw my shoulders downward and make myself lay with both arms straight down (even if on my side), just to get some relief. If I sleep on a pillow that's any more than 1-2 inches thick, my neck and shoulders hurt so bad I get a migraine.

When I do get to the doctor, what MIGHT he be looking for? AND since I can't get in for another 6 weeks --- is there anything I can do in the meantime (other than eating tylenol like candy)? Think I'd be safe going for a professional massage? (even sitting here typing this is making the pain worse).

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 4:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• O, it's a hot, intense constant pain. And I forgot to mention, if I rotate my neck -- it sounds like someone stepping on sticks, just a series of crackles. (Course I'm hearing this internally - you can't hear it if you stand beside me) almost like someone twisting a piece of bubble wrap.
    If you were to put you hand on the clavicle area you can actually FEEL that pop when I rotate my shoulder.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Comment by ShelbyShareAlot (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2011