TMI ~ sex question adult content

I have found that I am wanting sex more than I did before.....like I hit that peak they say women get in their 30's....problem is that I a not wanting to have it with my husband. I am not saying I am getting it elsewhere, but I would sure like to. It is like dh just does not do it for me anymore. Has anyone else felt that way? It is not like I have not tried or done some different things with him, I just find myself wondering when he will be done. It is like I might be enjoying it and then suddenly I feel like he just creeps me out for no particular reason and I want his hands off me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds to me that you need to reflect on why you feel like that. Has he done anything recently to tick you off that you have been holding on too? There is really no advice that I can give you other than seek counseling, or start talking to the hubby about what he's doing that you don't like. The grass is not greener on the other side no matter what it looks like from our point of view now.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• could it be possible that you're just mad at him or resent him for something? it's ok to think about someone else while having sex with him, you know to fantasize
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I do think about someone else, anyone else when I have sex with him just so I can try to enjoy it. I do have some issues with him for a lot and it goes back about a year a half....nothing to do with sex, but just other things and realizations of sorts. I distanced myself from him for a long time but I am wanting to enjoy my sex life but I just don't really enjoy it with him unless I completely let myself forget that he is on the other end.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Hmmmmm. I can not honestly say I've felt this way... Usually if I'm enough in the mood to HAVE sex, I've never phased into the creeps midway. I agree with the other answers... There MUST be a reason he's making you feel this way. It's not an AGE thing to feel like you want to have sex with someone OTHER than your hubby, there has to be something at the root of it. Maybe some role playing??? Toys??? something to keep the arousal??
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Based solely on what you have shared so far.

It seems to me, that your feelings are stemming from:  issues/problems in your relationship that have long gone unresolved, and the distance that you have put between yourself and your husband. When we have unresolved issues with someone, and we know we have created distance, it's really hard to feely sexually enticed/excited and pleasured by that person.

In order for you to regain your desire for your husband, you most likely will have to: work together to resolve any unresolved issues the two of you have, and you must work  together to close the distance between the two of you and reconnect on a personal level.  Both work together and go hand in hand. 

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I am not saying it is an age things really. I am say I want to have sex and enjoy it, but I just don't want to have it with him and I don't really enjoy him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Hm, sounds like there is something else going on and this is where it's coming out. It might not be something obvious though. Are you in a sexual rut- where it's just a routine, or is it really that you've tried everything (different positions, etc) and it's still not satisfying you? I would talk to him, but be careful/sensitive about it, and explain that you feel something could be added to your sex life- and you're unsure of what. Maybe he's unhappy too, and that's what's provoking his "creepy" behavior...

My SO and I were in a rut once, and I was thinking/saying the same things you are-- turns out he was just as unhappy as I was, we both felt and were thinking the same things (that the sex was all about the other person, and we felt we were each putting in more effort, etc)..so it was a difficult conversation, but ended up being wonderful and transforming our sex life- now it's great!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I know how you feel and sometimes i fell the same way, love my husband and dont want to go out on him but its just sometimes I get grossed out when he touchs me and cant wait until hes done.
    But lately I dont even want to be around him because he tried to cheat on me with a co worker and I know this because he told her he was single and not wearing his ring to work ....trust is totally gone with me and he wants everything to be like it was and it will never be.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011