What would you do if..

your doctor never told you you had a very abnormal pap smear?
thank goodness i switched doctors because he would have never told me, my new doctor told me and now i have to have a biopsy done next thursday.
i'm so freakin nervous because i'm 28 weeks pregnant and i heard biopsies aren't good to have during pregnancy but my doctor said it would be okay that i would bleed and cramp a little though.

xLeeAnnex

Asked by xLeeAnnex at 4:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one when I was pregnant with my son. Didnt cause an issue, I would rather know whats going on than not know at all.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had to have one done, and it did kind hurt just a little, but now everytime i think about it, its like nails on a chalk board feeling.... Then a few months later I had to have a conoscopy done because they had to take more, but they put me out for that..
    shannonrenee09

Answer by shannonrenee09 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It sort of happen to me. I had a pap smear done in Oct 09'. My doctor said it was abnormal but I didnt have to worry because it was normal for someone my age and because I had a baby 4 months before. Well I did another pap Oct 10. It came out abnormal again and I found out it was HPV. This doctor said from the stage it was at I probably had it for more then a year. I called my old doctor and they confirmed it was HPV last time as well but they never told me it was HPV.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011