How do you keep your kids out of your room when...

When they are little(2 &4) and you NEED to be in your room? They keep trying to bring their toys in here and run in here chasing each other.

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 4:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't. Why are you trying to keep them out of your room if you're in there? I understand not wanting them to be in there alone, but if you're in there what's the issue?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Sorry, I don't get you either.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You're not going to like my answer, but unless they are sleeping you don't get any privacy...it's called parenthood.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I just let them in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• oh i thought she meant during sex
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 4:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Umm they are destructive. So they are dumping drawers and baskets and I am trying to get some paper work done. They are also throwing tows around and I really don't want my stuff broken. Really no one gets it???

You don't need to ban your kids from your room - you need to discipline them! I don't have to ban my kids from my room because they don't act that way! So, no, I don't get it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 4:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My door is always locked, my kids are not alowed in there without me
    Anonymous

• It's called a lock. It's this little thing you turn and it keeps the door from opening from the outside.
    If I don't want the kids in my room (at any age) while I'm in there then I lock the door. When I didn't have a lock I put something heavy in front of the door. I can't stand kids running into my room without permission. It's plain rude. There is no reason my kids should be in my room even if I'm in there. There's nothing for them to do in there except get into my stuff.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011