Mommy moods?

I know taht a little buut after giving birth our hormones are going crazii, and I would randomly cry for no reason or get scared for my baby for no reason. But now My DD is four and a half months old, and last night while looking at her I began to cry. I woke up my SO to see if he locked to door. He didnt remember so I had to get up and check. I checked all the windows even tho I knoew they were locked. Idk y but I was so afraid, and scared for my DD again. I couldnt stop crying and my SO was getting very annoyed. So I tried to play phone games to get my mind off it. I was crying till one. and woke up with my phone on me. I feel like that shouldnt happen, has this happened to anyone else?? what do you do?

Glouii

Asked by Glouii at 4:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honey, it's called anxiety and is also part of Post Partum Depression or the baby blues.  What you are feeling is not uncommon.  But I do recomend seeing a doctor about it.   You are not alone.  I had the most wicked PPD with my youngest.  Take care and best of luck

Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Do you know why you were crying or what your thoughts were? I used to get ( still get ) over whelming thoughts of paranoid feelings and scared feelings - then some nights it was overwhelming from my change of life that was going on.. being a new parent, there is a lot of things to juggle and think about - if it happen, then it happened.. not all things have a reason but sometimes we need a good cry and we feel better too
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011