Did you ever think you might not be cut out to be a parent?

Too late now, I'd say, you can't put the kid back in your tummy or something. I was just wondering how others thought about this.
Have you ever had doubts?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, I have thought that many times. I am definitely not a kid person. But I do love MY kiddos with all my heart and do the absolute best I can regardless of the fact that historically I haven't been very good with kids. I am a great mom in certain areas, and not so much in others, but I've always got my girls' best interests in mind.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yep.. :(
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yep...all the time. I try to make the best of every day. I was a great mother to infants/small toddlers but this elementary school age stage is driving me crazy and giving me serious doubts.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I had my doubt when my oldest kids were little. I was young and we werent not always stable financially. To make it worse, I had someone offer to adopt my oldest before she was born so I always wondered if keeping her was in her best interest. I am almost 40 now and I know without a doubt I am a great mom and that even though I make mistakes my kids are my life. I was put on this earth for them, and they were given to me to complete my life. God knew what he was doing when he chose to give me my children.

Answer by gemgem at 4:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 4:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yes but like you said it's too late now!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:53 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• No. But lately, there have been a big outbreak of drug overdoses in our area. So it's got me wondering if I should have decided to try to raise a child in this crazy crazy world. :-/
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• While pregnant with my first child I was terrified that I wouldn't be a good mother or know what to do. Then I delivered him and they laid him on my chest and I never had another doubt. I wish I had more lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011