Should i work as a cna while pregnant?

ive had 4 miscarriages before and i stress alot easily and im not good at decision making mashaallah

Samirah1

Asked by Samirah1 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It depends on alot. Will they let you come back after taking the whole time off? Can your family make it financially with you off?
    Anonymous

• yes my job wud let me come back also my family idk my husband says dont worry and continue to work but he doesnt understand how much it hurts to lose a baby mashaallah
    Samirah1

Comment by Samirah1 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• i think you shouldn't work to hard and stna is alot of work and alot of lifting i would take it easy if you want to keep this baby good luck
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't. I would avoid having sex the first trimester too. Neither the lifting or the stress is good for you or the baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You shouldn't lift more than 25 lbs, so that would inhibit your work as a CNA. You'll have stress no matter what you do (or stress over money because you're not working), so from that perspective, you should probably learn some helpful ways of dealing with stress. (Believe me, you'll need it by the time baby starts walking!) I would be more concerned about the physical strain of your job than the emotional stresses.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2011