HOW SOON DID YOU KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT?

MY FRIEND THINKS AFTER 2 WEEKS OF A SEXUAL ENCOUNTER THAT SHE IS PREGNANT

hollinshead

Asked by hollinshead at 4:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I knew after a missed period, so 4 weeks along. Now 2 weeks, you may have some signs but there is no way to tell that soon.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I didn't know for six weeks. I think the way it works is only when you miss your period. You can have symptoms before but it can't be confirmed unless you're five days or more from your period. I think First response can tell five days before.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It was 6 weeks with my first two and my last I knew at 4 weeks
    april_f

Answer by april_f at 4:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• with my first son i didnt know until i was about 3 months along because it was not unusual for me to not have a period for 6 months at a time. I was told that it was a posibility that i could not have children.....that Doctor was wrong because i now have 4 boys. WIth my 4th son i didnt find out i was pregnant until close to 9 weeks along. I was breastfeeding my 3rd son and didnt have periods, plus i had an IUD in. I was having symptoms of pregnancy so I took 2 test that came back negative. i finally went to my OB and the test came back positive.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• usually your about 4 to 6 weeks when you figure it out
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• 2 weeks after sex would make you 4 weeks along, so it is entirely possible to know then. Some women "just know" immediately after conception.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2011