Travel while pregnant.

Aside from being physically changed and uncomfortable, does anyone know of any reasons why a person shouldn't travel while pregnant? Especially in the first trimester.

Thanks

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Travel

• No...just make sure you're comfy. Congrats, btw!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 4:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thanks, I'm not sure yet, but hopeful and also feeling sick as a dog. I am supposed to go somewhere next week (if I don't start my next cycle I might not even know for sure then!)... SO I hope congrats are in order :)
    angelm523

Comment by angelm523 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Until the end, there's no reason to not travel!
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I traveled quite a bit in my pregnancy. As long as you're low risk, there's no reason not to. Just make sure you drink plenty of water and walk around for 10 minutes or so every couple of hours.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• In my 2nd trimester we went to Disney world as a last trip before the baby came. My doctor didn't want me to leave the country though. I was high risk. My doctor pulled me out of work in month 9. So while I was home I did a lot of cooking and freezing. Once the baby came I wasn't in the mood nor had the energy to cook. All we had to do was pull out what I cooked and heat it up.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:38 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• unless your doctor has indicted that you cannot travel then there should be no problems
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 20, 2011

• I went to Panama when I was 10 weeks pregnant my dr said it was fine and i didnt have any issues with it.
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 12:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I've done lots of travel while pregnant. As long as your dr says it's okay there's no reason why you shouldn't. Just don't overdo things and get plenty of rest. And take anything that makes you comfortable. Congratulations and enjoy!
    travellingmom20

Answer by travellingmom20 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011