How are you pregnant ladies going to get your tan?

It is getting that time of year where I usually lay in the tanning bed. I don't lay much, just here and there to get a base tan. I don't want to lay now that I am pregnant but don't want to be white for shorts and flip flops. Is there anything that we can do besides lay in the sun? It is a little chilly for that. Can we use self tanners etc.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• While I was pregnant I did natural tans and spray tans
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• spray tan or just hang out in the sun
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Bronzers
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 5:03 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• Just remember to test you spray tan before you need pretty legs, since pregnancy skin is know to behave oddly. (In my case, it "took" in some areas and not others.) Also know that you burn more easily in the sun while pregnant, and many pregnancy skin conditions are the result of hormones + sunshine. So, you may end up with blotchy skin (especially on your face) if you go out in the sun unprotected.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:05 PM on Feb. 17, 2011