What do think the chances are after sixty years of age getting married?

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Who cares what others think. As long as you are HAPPY thats all that really matters. I dont think anything of your question as long as you are Happy and in Love. GO FOR IT!
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 5:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I'm almost your age and just hooked up with a guy from my high school who recently asked me to marry him. It can happen

Answer by admckenzie at 5:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think the chances are pretty good. Lots of people are getting divorced after the kids leave the nest. In my dad's case, my mom died of cancer. He is now back in the dating game (he's a very young 74) and is dating a woman who is 60.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• It does happen. Why do people think 60 is sooooo old. It is all relative. The older you get, the older OLD gets. My husband will be 60 in 4 yrs. There was a lady we attended church with some years ago. She had been a widow for many years. When her youngest gradusted from college she went. She was 62. At the graduation..she met the father of a friewnd of her childs..a widower. They got married a year later and stayed married until she passed away in her sleep 2 yrs ago. Love is Love.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:11 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my grandma got married who is in her 70s a few years ago to a very nice man
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Before turning 60 myself I use to think that there wouldn't be a chance in hell anyone over 60 would wind up getting married, but I was wrong, I have two friends who after 30 some years of marriage got divorced and got remarried!

Answer by older at 5:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• My aunt was 76, I believe, when she married a longtime friend. He was 80. My uncle had been gone several years and George was a widower. They acted like a couple of kids getting married. It's mostly companionship when you get older. You need someone you can talk to, someone that holds the same values that you do. Someone that knows how to listen. Someone that lets you be you. And, someone that can drive after dark (funny).
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• excellent! I know a few ladies who were still interested in dating find a new love and go on to marry them!
    CuvierMom

Answer by CuvierMom at 5:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Thanks for the answers.... there may be hope for me. LOL
    Librarylady60

Comment by Librarylady60 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• The better question would be WHY? I could see being in a relationship but marriage ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011