I wanted to know what can happen if my ghetto neighbors are breaking stop signs and throwing them down to the ground with the pole and all?

ifI call the cops will they get a ticket or anything since its city property?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• That is vandalism, they will get a little more than just a ticket.

Answer by older at 5:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• In most vities they can be arrested depending on local ordinances. When we lived in Oklahoma some boys stole a stop sign for their skatebpoard ramp. Neighbors knew they took it and did nothing. A 17 high school student was driving in the unfamiliar neighborhood and did not know it was missing. As she went through the intersection she was T-boned by a semi trailer. She died. The boys were all charged and convicted of manslaughter. The DA argued they were old enough to know what the sign meant, old enough to know it was wrong to steal it..and should have realized the danger they placed others in. all 4 were between 14-17. I wouldn't let it slide. I'm not sure what I would have done before that happened..but I know now I would call.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Oh my, that is awful!!!! Please report them before someone gets killed!

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• They should be reported. If they are not arrested, they will most likely be given a fine. Soemthing needs to be done before someone gets seriously injured or killed.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 5:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• They can get even worse if someone doesn't stop and get killed in an accident. Report them. At least report the sign being down.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• That's illegal. Destroying propery, State property at that. I suppose they could actually be arrested.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• report them. this is wrong
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:03 AM on Feb. 17, 2011