Is he ready?!

Do you think my son is ready to be potty trained?

So my almost 22 month old has been telling us lately when he has gone poopy in his diaper. So we take him to the bathroom dump his poop in the toilet and say Bye bye to it. Well ALL day today he has told me every time he has gone pee-pee or poopy. He will go grab a diaper and tell me. So I am thinking he is telling me he is ready to be potty trained. I dont know if I am ready yet, as much as I would like for him to be potty trained...I am 2 months out from my due date and I dont know if I have it in me to start this process....So I have some questions...

How long does it take for them to be completely potty trained?

Should I buy a potty or a big potty cover with stool?

Is this going to be hard?! lol.

What are some easy ways to potty train a boy?

BoobiePrize

Asked by BoobiePrize at 11:48 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can get a potty at wal-mart that you can use as a little potty and you can take it and put it on the big potty, so he can sit on either one. (i prefer to put it on the big potty that way i can just flush it). he is definitaly ready. this is your "window of opportunity" and if you leave it alone until after you have your baby, you may have to wait a long time before he's interested in it again. They say boys are harder than girls, so it may take a while, each child is different when it comes to how long it takes to be potty trained. and i'd say that the best way to potty train a boy is to have him sit on the potty first, not stand, because at that age, they don't really have any sense of direction, but if you do want to (or for future reference) you can get some cheerios or fruitloops and have him "sink" them, so you don't get pee all over your bathroom. lol. works like a charm. GL momma!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• oh honey he is most definitely ready. i would probably buy a little pot for him right now it might be more exciting for him to have hisvery own pot, which in turn could make it easier for you to train him. i bought a pot for my baby a month a go she just turned a year old and i put her on it every chance i get, she actually went in it the other day and we made a really big deal and every time she sees it she wants on it. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Buy a potty and let him play with it for a while let him get the feel for the potty.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 11:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Oh he is definately ready!! My son is 19 months old and he just started doing the same things and we bought him a potty chair. I like the ones that they can have their very own little potty because you can move it from room to room if need be. One thing that I would suggest is, since he is a boy, get his daddy involved! My husband is very invoved in getting our son potty trained. (He is even being nice enough to sit down to pee and not stand- haha he would kill me if he knew I was writing this!!) It is very cute and I think since he is a boy it may make things go more smoothly! Especially since you are about to have a baby and it is going to be a lot of work for you with the new little bundle of joy!! I was going to suggest the cheerios thing, my sister said it worked like a charm!! Good luck and don't give up!! Stick with it because then you won't have to buy twice as many diapers!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:18 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Sounds ready to me! Xylia has been doing that for some time but then she loses interest for a while again so I decided to put it off until after the holidays. Get him a potty and see how he does :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 1:19 PM on Nov. 18, 2008