3D TV's?

We cant afford one yet, but do you know anybody who has one...if so what are they like? Are the special effects as good or close to being as good as at the movie theater?

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• My 17 yr old sons best friend got one for his room. They work and dont have bills so they can afford whatever. My son says its totally awesome lol. He says the colors on it are really brighter or more vivid I guess. Thats the only person I kinda know who has one.

Answer by gemgem at 5:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have a 3d tv, haven't yet used it for 3d, but the normal picture is incredible!

Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• we got one for Xmas. We wanted a really nice TV and figured it would be a long time before we buy one again so why not go for broke. Honestly I have never been to a 3D movie in a theater so can't compare for you. It is very cool to do movie night and watch in 3D, but the glasses are way too expensive to make it "family friendly"

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 5:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I've tried them in the store and think its a total scam. The picture wasn't really any different to me (they were showing a movie i own on Blu Ray) and the glasses gave me a headache after 10 minutes. personally, I'll pass.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• If its anything like 3D in the movie theater,I have no desire to own one. I'll stick to my 47" plasma tv..
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 3:32 PM on Feb. 20, 2011