Trying to quit.

Ok, so I'm going to be thirty. Was a smoker since twenty (took like two years of when I was pregnant and nursing). Only started back about two years ago and stopped Sunday. Really depressed. Cigarettes are like a lifeline to me. It's the only thing that relaxes me. I can't wait for when my son goes to sleep to go outside and light up. I've been clean for three days because I really really want to stop but it's so hard. Anyone else knows what I'm saying??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Health

• It's hard! So hard! hang in there momma, it WILL get easier!!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Oh . . . . good for you! I know it is soooooooo hard! You are probably at about the worst it will be. That first week, you are also going through some physical withdrawal, so it is hard on many levels. Just take it day by day and it will start to get easier.

You are going to LOVE how great your lungs feel in about a year!

CONGRATS!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes Yes Yes!!! i know and understand what you are saying.. .I've been smoking since I was 12 and took the 9 months off while pregnant and then started up when he was 4 months old ( and done BFing ) My son is only 3 and I am 18 months smoke free - I've tried everything - i LOVED smoking, I just knew I needed to quit which is much harder to do when you like what you are quitting.. Hang in there Mommy.. you can do it.. I HAD to do it for our son.. my husband has horrible cancer genetics on his side among many other traits that I knew one of us had to be there to raise our baby.. Its SO hard.. I know.. just don't stop and buy some.. steer clear of going on the gas station at all costs for the first few months..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• You can do it mama!! Jump on CM when you feel the urge to smoke, call up a friend, chew some gum, find something to occupy that time!! Keep up the great work!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 1:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2011