Adding another member to the family

My son is 6 1/2 months old. When would you add another baby? My hubby wants to right away, I haven't decided. I am a stay at home mom and part time college student.

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• If it were you who wanted one straight away but your hubby was undecided, I'm fairly sure you would wait until HE was ready... besides which, it is you who has to deal with it 24/7 (whether he's a hands on dad or not). I've got two year old twins and 37wks pg with my third but I know it's going to be hell for a while... it really does depend on how well you adjusted to motherhood in the first place. PLUS, parenting is an ever-evolving job - when I fell pg again, my girls were 15mths and no problem, I thought the "worst" was over i.e. learning to walk, baby proofing house etc, but every few months that go by bring new challenges, and now it's the terrible twos, which in many ways is MUCH harder than having a 'littlie'. SO much to consider hun, including your education x
    Twinminator

Answer by Twinminator at 9:06 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I waited 5 years

Answer by louise2 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I have 4 boys and they are all less than 2yrs apart. My first 2 are 18months apart. It is totally up to you when you have the next baby. I chose to have mine close together because i didnt meet my husband until i was in my 30's and we wanted at least 3 kids. Good Luck and im sure you will make the right choice together.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• how close are you to being done with your degree? I'm in a similar boat - I have 24 hours left, but my college is an hour drive away. I'm wanting to wait until I can get done with that last little bit so I can have that paper in hand before we try for another baby.
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• my boys are 5 years apart but I had 2 miscarriages in between them I wanted at least 2 years between them because didn't want to deal with 2 in diapers
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 17, 2011

• My two boy's are 22 months apart and love it that way!
    Mommie-of-2

Answer by Mommie-of-2 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2011