period after depo shot

I recieved two depo injections (one in March and one in June) but never went back for my third dose in September because I hated the side effects. (I would bleed non stop) Anyways, after stopping I bled for two more weeks, and haven't had a period since. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative, so I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this, and, if so, how long did it take to get your period back?

lmybo

Asked by lmybo at 12:00 PM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Health

• well i was on the depo for a year befor i came off of it. but i unlike you didnt bleed i never bled again after i got my first shot. after i went off of it in august of 2007 i got my period back by march or 2008 and was prego by july 2008. but it all depends on the women. it could take a year to get your period back or it may come back imediatly. its hard to tell.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I was depo for several years and didn't have a period the whole time. When I stopped the shot to get pregnant it took 18 months for me to get my period back and after the one period I got pregnant. We are talking a year and a half later. My girlfriend was on it too and bleed nonstop until she went off and it took her a few months to get back on schedule.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 18, 2008

• whats a depo shot?
    Anonymous

• I was on depo for only one injection and bled the entire time. Then after it "wore off" I bled on a month, off a month for a year. After the year was over I was back to normal. I think the doctors even say after you've recieved the shot it could take up to a year before your body is back to it's norm.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 18, 2008