Baby wanting to play while eating

Ok, my son will be 5 months on the 24th. He has started this thing where he likes to laugh and squiggle around A LOT while I'm trying to feed him his bottle. He won't sit still, and then to top it off, he doesnt finish the bottle anymore (he's on 8 oz.). If I set him down and prop the bottle up, he doesnt do this. Am I doing something wrong, or what can I do to change this?

I just thought that maybe he wasn't hungry, and was just eating the bottle cause its there.

Dana P.

Asked by Dana P. at 5:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's just being a baby. He's enjoying time with you. You are not doing anything wrong and neither is he. Why would you want to stop him from being happy and showing you he loves being with you?
    Anonymous

• he sounds like hes just not hungry..my son is 10 months old and doesn't drink 8oz..every baby is different but it might just be that
    dmdemes

Answer by dmdemes at 7:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• gaining weight? dont worry if so he will eat when hungery
    dawnmichelle3

Answer by dawnmichelle3 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• are you feeding him just milk? If so maybe milk is not all he wants he might want baby cereal with his milk
    LilTiffanysmomm

Answer by LilTiffanysmomm at 12:53 AM on Feb. 17, 2011