Does God provide us rainbows to brighten our days after a rainstorm?

This was taken from a window at work ~

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Very pretty! The rainbow I remember best is the one I saw after my bil's wake. It had been a very rainy day, and as we were leaving the church we looked out and there was a double rainbow. My bil was very devoted to God and his Church, and my mil likes to think that the rainbow was God's way of saying that Richard was at peace, out of pain (he had cancer) and he was in Heaven with God. I found the rainbow to be a very beautiful and comforting site, in our time of sorrow. It made me think that even in the darkest times in our lives there can still be peace and beauty and a ray of hope.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• That's beautiful...from my understanding, the rainbow is God's promise to mankind that he will never flood the earth with water again.
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I guess you answered your own question!

Answer by older at 6:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I think that if we look closely enough, we can see them both literally and figuratively
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Yes! Literally and figuratively. That's a beautiful picture! For a figurative example: Last year when we moved I had to leave one of my dog's in CA. I was heartbroken when I dropped him off at the vet (he was getting fixed and the new owner was picking him up..actually it's the dog in my Avatar..my Judge :) ). Anyway, I was sobbing after I left the vet's and as I was driving home I looked up and saw a rainbow and remembered God's promises to me. He is a great and wonderful and loving God!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 12:31 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I kind of see them as inspiring awe, rather than cheering us up, but I guess the two could be connected/related. I know that kind of awe usually comes with some kind of feel goods, lol.

I like soyousay's answer that science and God can be connected :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I wish I had seen this question earlier. It's very nice. God all the way!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2011

• Sure- the Science behind rainbows can be driven by God- why not?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• When I was a little girl, I was always told that the rainbow was God's promise to us that he would never destroy the world- by flood- again. That always freaked me out because it always got my mind working about all the other ways that God might choose to destroy us all next time... it freaked me out majorly when I was five or six!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yes, I believe that
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 6:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2011