Has it become not a big deal to lose your child by CPS stepping in due to your abuse of that child?

My cousin lost her baby in '09 and all her friends act like its no big deal. it makes me seriously doubt the intelligence and morality of these people!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• omg I know this girl who lived in maryland & had her 2 kids taken away from her for abuse/neglect and who know's what else she was doing. So she moved out of state to try to evade charges & moved to st louis,married some guy & now trying to have another one! Don't you think your first priority should be triying to get your existing children back in your life? It's like she just wants to forget that as a mistake & move on. So sad. Poor children.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• And we could even be considered a poor group. Being poor does not mean you beat your kids.
    Anonymous

• In certain circles, CPS is just a way of life. It is sad. Mainly for the poor kids. This never goes away for them.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• hey, it's still a big ol deal from where i come from
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• it doesnt matter to people who didnt want (and shouldnt have had) kids in the first place. its a big deal to me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I teach 3rd-4th grade Sunday School, and we have a bus ministry at our church. I have several of the bus kids in my class, and I can't tell you how many of them are separated from their parents, or their brothers and sisters are who knows where. These poor kids are so matter of fact about it, because sadly, it's just normal for them. Their parents have no problem not knowing where their kids are, or if they'll ever get them back. It is so sad!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I suppose it depends on who you hang out with. I by no means hang out with an upscale group, but it would be a huge deal if anyone in the group lost their kids because of abuse. We all have kids and we put them and their safety first.

Anonymous

• Losing your kids had NOTHING to do with being poor. Just cause we not that good off I should lose my kids??? Yeah right your nuts.
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• yeah, I grew up very privileged in the financial respect and many things happened in my house where I could have easily have been taken away.
    my mother is very good at the denial thing. Anything bad that happens she just conveniently forgets all about it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011