Do you plan out your meals for the week or just go with the flow ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I plan them out by week. Saturdays I sit down and print out recipes, then I work on the grocery list. I also make notes based on reviews and alter things to my liking. Then I take a good look at the pantry and fridge and see if things are going to spoil, and then alter things (again) based on what needs to be used so I don't waste things. Like if I have bananas that are going bad, I'll add banana pudding to the list of things to make, etc. By Sunday it's all figured out and I don't have to scatter myself every day trying to figure out what to make... It's already done! =)
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I plan. Makes it easier that way. I know what we are having and I know I have everything I need to make it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• I do a menu, but don't stick to the days.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Since I went back to work, I've been going with the flow in a way. I always have ingredients on hand, but I usually decide what I am making during the day.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:35 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Go with the flow. Since it's just a few blocks for us to walk over to several different stores, we pretty much shop on a daily to every other day basis. We eat whatever we are in the mood for, if we don't have it we run over to the store and grab it.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Pixie - You do realize that the more often you grocery shop, the more you spend unnecessary money in the store right? If you go only every 2 weeks or so you'll spend a considerable amount less than someone who shops every day or every other 3-4 days.
    Anonymous

• I plan for 2 weeks.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Sometimes, especially if we are short on money
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• flow
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Planning saves time, money, and no frustrating "What am I going to fix tonight".
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2011